Welcome to Essex
This is our BETA website, which is currently under development, please visit www.essex.gov.uk/highways to find out more about Essex Highways


Here you will find the information you need to apply for a Blue Badge, vehicle crossing/dropped kerb or a street party. If you are a contractor, you will find information on applying for a licence for skips, scaffolding and more.

For residents:

For Local Highway related issues including new road sign applications and small improvement works, please contact your Parish Council in the first instance, or raise the idea with your local District or County Councillor.

For contractors:

Apply for a temporary traffic regulation order (eg. road closure, speed restriction)